Thursday, January 31, 2013

Factory Turned Residence/Studio

Converted factory homes Atlantic Terra Cotta Factory Location: Princeton, N.J. Size of building: 20,000 square feet This circa-1894 terra cotta factory on the Delaware and Raritan Canal once created ornamentation for New York landmarks such as the Woolworth Building. The architectural firm Smith Miller and Hawkinson gave it a face lift, and the old factory is now a residence and design studio. The designers incorporated a timber mezzanine for another floor of usable space and used polycarbonate screens as dividers between work and living spaces.

1 comment:

  1. I adore this look. I even prefer an edgier industrial vibe, but this place is wonderful! I must confess, though, the whole church into residence thing is not my favorite. I love open spaces, but many of the pics I've seen are over the top, almost eerie. AND, I'd be terrified of misbehaving....even at home! hahaha

    ReplyDelete